Grapefruit is a known powerful oil that has therapeutic effects even when you just place a few drops in your drinking water. The chemical substances found in it help enhance your body metabolism resulting in better digestion and helpful in losing weight.
Inhaling the scent of the grapefruit essential oil works wonders to help calm down your nerves when in the midst of tension and high pressure situations.
This oil found from the grapefruit plant is also known to facilitate the healing of wounds and skin scars as it contains anti-inflammatory components.
Below are more benefits and uses of this essential oil.
Benefits and uses
- It contains anti-inflammatory components for healing different skin disorder including acne.
- The scent of this oils promotes a relaxed mood and relieves stress. It is thus helpful in managing a nervous breakdown.
- If you are going through a hangover, this oil is useful in reducing symptoms and alleviating headaches.
It’s made from purely grapefruit tree oil extracts and used to prepare fragrance, antibiotics, and air freshers because of its sweet smell.
How to use
- To treat a skin infection, combine this oil with jojoba or avocado oil before applying it to your skin.
- You can place a few drops of this oil on a piece of cloth and inhale it for aromatherapy purpose. That will enhance a positive mood and a calm mind.
Consult a doctor if you have any medical questions or concerns before ingesting.
You should not apply this oil directly to your skin. First mix it with the carrier oils as it can be rather potent.
No reviews yet